I love fresh summer sweet corn and am always looking for ways to appreciate it while it is in season. This is a simple supper with a short ingredient list that comes together quickly. We had it as a vegetarian main, but if you wished it would go well with a serving of sliced Italian sausage or smokey.
Time: 5 min prep, 15-20 min cook
Serves: 2 generously
You will need:
- 2 ears of corn, remove kernels from cob
- about 1.5 cups of mixed cherry tomatoes (I just used what I had, a few more would have been welcome)
- 2 tbsp garlic infused oil (or regular oil)
- 2 cups uncooked pasta of your choice – I used orecchiette but any similar sized pasta would work
- juice of one lime
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper if desired
Boil water for pasta, pasta water should be salted for optimum flavour. While water is boiling, shuck corn and remove kernels from cob. In a cast iron or other heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. When water is boiling, add pasta to water, and corn and tomatoes to skillet.
Stir vegetables every couple of minutes, allowing some of the corn and tomatoes to brown/blacken a bit. When pasta is finished(about 10 min), drain and add to skillet with corn and tomatoes. Mix and add 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar, juice of one lime and fresh cilantro. Serve garnished with additional cheddar and cilantro if desired.