The homemade “Bailey’s”recipes usually make the pinterest rounds at Christmas, but really it’s good any time. Most of the recipes make a bit of an annoying amount as you always end up either with Irish whiskey left over, or not enough to quite double it or equally annoying amounts of condensed milk either left over, or needing a can and a bit. I fiddled with the amounts here in order to use an entire 750mL of Irish whiskey and one can of sweetened condensed milk. Store in the fridge- keeps at least 2 months.
750mL Bailey’s $29.95
750mL Tullamore DEW $33.95
It works out to about $18 per 750mL of the homemade concoction when you account for the other ingredients. So cost savings, plus delicious!!!!
Makes: a smidge more than 1.5L – use the extra in your coffee immediately
Time: less than 10 minutes
You will need:
- 750mL (25oz) of Tullamore DEW or other Irish whisky of your choice
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant coffee (this happens to be the amount in one of the little starbucks instant coffee packages)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of chocolate syrup (or 6 tbsp however you prefer to measure)
- 1 300mL (10oz)can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups of light cream (18%)
Add all ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together until well mixed. Funnel into 2 750mL containers with lids. Give a good shake before using. It can be stored in the fridge for at least 2 months. Be aware, when you first mix it up, it will taste quite ‘boozy’ ha, ha, especially if you’re doing it in the morning! It does mellow out quite a bit even in the first few hours, and definitely in the first few days.